Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The work begins

So we have started to do some work on the new space we will be inhabiting early in 2007. Naturally, we thought we'd rip up the carpeting first since a carpet covered store and visiting pups don't mix all that well. We also thought it'd be a "realtively easy" and satisfying job; you know, one of those jobs in which you can actually SEE progress being made. Funny just how wrong we were.

You cannot believe how difficult it has been to rip up this carpet. There is SO much glue down that we are actually ripping the carpet off of its backing. It's truly incredible how hard a job this has been. Our friends Leslie and Erik have been valiantly helping us out but I feel total guilt at subjecting them to such crazy work.

We have been having a good time doing it though, what a great way to release rage.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lisa & Lisa -

I've been watching your business grow and flourish via the internet for a while now from down here in Lancaster, PA and am so happy for both of you!! Everything looks like it's going so well, and that's awesome. I was SO sorry to read about Marley's passing. He was a sweet dog and, I'm sure, sorely missed. Lisa S. - I'm teaching in a High School now, and my partner, Chris, and I are absolutely enjoying raising our 3 sons. I am sure my 2 yellow labs would LOVE your store!!

Keep up the awesome work, and remember...do what you love & love what you do!! : )

Miss you!!

Leslie said...

Oh, the rug. The rug swims with the fishes. Rug. Rug. Rug. Rug. Did I say rug? Rug. Rug. Rug. The rug goes into the dumpster. Doh. Glue. Rug. Rug. Rug. The rug comes after me in my sleep. It is looking for its backing. Sad backing. Rug. Rug. Rug. Release the hounds. Farewell to thine rug.

Leslie (Rug Tamer)